Article 1 - Definitions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and / or services to consumers at a distance;
- Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Distance contract: an agreement in which within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for distance selling of products and / or services, until the conclusion of the agreement, use is made exclusively of one or more communication techniques remotely;
- Technology for distance communication: means that can be used to conclude an agreement, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time;
- Cooling-off period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to cancel the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Day: calendar day;
- Duration transaction: a distance agreement with regard to a series of products and / or services, the delivery and / or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Sustainable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or trader to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Coret Genealogy, founded in Kerkuillaan 35, 2496LJ, The Hague, Netherlands, known under Chamber of Commerce number 50518607, BTW-id NL001102545B74.
Article 3 - Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance agreement concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded that the general terms and conditions can be viewed by the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, contrary to the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions may be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that they the consumer can easily be stored on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded where the general terms and conditions can be read electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that applies to him. the most favorable.
Article 4 - The offer
- If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and / or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- the possible costs of delivery;
- the manner in which the agreement will be concluded and the actions required for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery or implementation of the agreement;
- the period for accepting the offer or the period for which the price is honored;
- the level of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the basic rate;
- if the agreement is filed after conclusion, how the consumer can consult it;
- the way in which the consumer can become aware of acts he does not want to conclude before concluding the contract, as well as the way in which he can rectify these before the contract is concluded;
- the possible languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the agreement can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance agreement in the case of an agreement that involves the continuous or periodic delivery of products or services.
Article 5 - The agreement
- The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, at the time the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can - within the law - inform himself if the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. If on the basis of this investigation the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- The entrepreneur will send the following information with the product or service, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
- the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
- the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
- the information about existing after-sales service and guarantees;
- the data included in article 4 paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, unless the trader has already provided this data to the consumer before the performance of the contract;
- the requirements for canceling the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
- If the entrepreneur has undertaken to deliver a series of products or services, the provision in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6a - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of products
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to terminate the agreement without giving any reason during seven working days. This period starts on the day following receipt of the product by or on behalf of the consumer.
- During this period, the consumer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he exercises his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all supplied accessories and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
Article 6b - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of services
- Upon delivery of services, the consumer has the option of dissolving the contract without giving any reason during seven working days, starting on the day of entering into the contract.
- To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer must comply with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur with the offer and / or at the latest upon delivery.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, the costs of the return will be at the most for his account.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or cancellation.
Article 8 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
- If the consumer does not have a right of withdrawal, this can only be excluded by the entrepreneur if the entrepreneur clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- that have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
- that are clearly personal in nature;
- that cannot be returned due to their nature;
- that can spoil or age quickly;
- whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for individual newspapers and magazines;
- for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
- concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be performed on a certain date or during a certain period;
- whose delivery has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the cooling-off period has expired;
- concerning bets and lotteries.
Article 9 - The price
- During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and / or services offered are not increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur may offer products or services with variable prices that are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
- they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
- the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement on the day the price increase takes effect.
- The prices stated in the range of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Conformity and warranty
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and / or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and / or usability and the existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement legal provisions and / or government regulations.
- A scheme offered by the trader, manufacturer or importer as a guarantee does not affect the rights and claims that the consumer can assert with regard to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the trader's obligations towards the trader based on law and / or the distance contract.
Article 11 - Delivery and implementation
- The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders with due speed, though at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than one month after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the contract without costs and is entitled to any compensation.
- In the event of termination in accordance with the previous paragraph, the trader will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after termination.
- If delivery of an ordered product appears to be impossible, the entrepreneur will endeavor to make a replacement item available. At the latest at the time of delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item will be delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and / or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 - Duration transactions
- The consumer can cancel an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period of time at any time with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a notice period of at most one month.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period has a maximum duration of two years. If it has been agreed that the distance contract will be extended if the consumer is silent, the contract will be continued as a contract for an indefinite period of time and the cancellation period after continuation of the contract will be a maximum of one month.
Article 13 - Payment
- Insofar as it has not been agreed later, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within fourteen days after delivery of the goods or in the case of an agreement to provide a service, within 14 days after the issue of this agreement modest.
- When selling products to consumers, general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment of more than 50%. When prepayment is stipulated, the consumer cannot assert any rights regarding the execution of the relevant order or service (s), before the stipulated prepayment has been made.
- The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated to the entrepreneur.
- In the event of a default on the part of the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the consumer reasonable costs incurred in advance.
Article 14 - Complaints
- The entrepreneur has a well-publicized complaints and deals with complaints under this procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted promptly, fully and clearly described to the entrepreneur, after the consumer has found the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within a period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
Article 15 - Additional or different provisions
Additional or deviating provisions from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored in an accessible manner on a durable medium.
Article 16 - Modification of the general terms and conditions
The entrepreneur reserves the right to make changes to the general terms and conditions, in particular if the evolving circumstances with regard to the methods, techniques and / or rates used by the entrepreneur give cause for this and / or applicable laws and regulations give cause for this gives.